11# Forex Set and Forget Expert Advisor
1. Open a chart with the currency pair of your choice. If you use a pair that has any two of (CHF EUR GBP JPY USD) then you will find a Preset File included for that pair. Otherwise you will have to optimize for your chosen pair. (see Optimizing PDF file)
2. Set the chart to H4 (4-hour) timeframe.
3. Find "Forex Set and Forget" in the Navigator window under
4. Click and drag "Forex Set and Forget" onto your H4 chart.
This will bring up a dialog for configuring the EA.
5. In the "Common" tab, make sure that "Allow live trading"
is checked. Also make sure that "Allow import of external
experts" is also checked.
6. Click the "Inputs" tab then click the "Load" button to
load one of the preconfigured Preset Files.
7. You will see a folder called "forex-set-and-forget".
Double-click this folder and you will see Preset Files
for several pairs.
8. Select the file that matches the currency pair in your
chart. If your currency pair does not appear in the
folder then you will need to optimize for your pair (See
Optimizing PDF file).
9. Once your file is selected, click "Open" then click "OK".
That's it! If your chart has a frowny face then click the
"Expert Advisors" button on your toolbar to enable your EA.
The Forex Set and Forget Expert Advisor. This includes...
. Preset files for live trading major currency pairs.
These are located in a folder named
. Preset file for optimizing and back testing.
This file is called "forex-set-and-forget" and can be
loaded into the Strategy Tester for optimizing.
. The ameLib Custom Library
This library is used by Forex Set and Forget, and can be
used in your own Expert Advisors
. AME Expert template
Use this to create your own Expert Advisors that utilize the
functionality of the ameLib Custom Library
. AME Support Resistance Custom Indicator
This is used by Forex Set and Forget to help find entry/exit
signals, and can be plotted on your own charts or used in
your own Expert Advisors.
+ The ameLib Custom Library documentation (PDF)
+ Guide for Optimizing the EA for live trading (PDF)
+ Detailed description of EA Parameters and how they are